Maximize your productivity with new and updated tools for conceptual design, model documentation, and reality capture in AutoCAD 2013 3D and 2D CAD design software.
- Simplified migration to AutoCAD 2013
Help ease the transition to AutoCAD 2013 with improved handling of tool palettes, a reset tool that returns you to the default settings, and a new migration of custom materials.
- Autodesk 360 connectivity
Sync drawings and folders with your online account directly from within AutoCAD with Autodesk 360. Export and attach files directly to your single sign-on account and share files with others via your Autodesk online account.
- AutoCAD companion apps on Autodesk® Exchange
Easily extend the power of AutoCAD software using AutoCAD companion apps created by members of the Autodesk® Developer Network. Visit a single destination to select from hundreds of Autodesk screened extensions.
- Section and detail views
Create section and detail views more quickly for improved workflow. Choose from common section methods including full, half, offset, and aligned and specify circular or rectangular boundaries for detail views. Constrain section lines and detail boundaries to key points in the drawing views to help maintain fidelity even as the model or layout changes. Maintain consistency across multiple section or detail views with customizable view styles.
- Surface Curve Extraction
The new Surface Curve Extraction tool extracts isoline curves through a specified point on a surface or face of a solid.
- Context sensitive PressPull
You can now use the PressPull tool to extrude and offset curves, creating surfaces and solids. Select multiple objects with a single operation using the new Multiple option in the PressPull tool.
- Viewport change preview
Dynamically preview changes to the in-viewport display as you pass the cursor over each object.
- Property edit preview
Dynamically and instantaneously preview changes to object properties before applying them.
- Modern user interaction
Improved interface features include a less intrusive, yet more flexible command line, additional contextual ribbon tabs, and more objects with multi-functional grips. The streamlined interaction with powerful tools, such as associative arrays and hatching, helps you save time and focus on your design.
- Strikethru text
A new strikethrough style for Mtext, Mleaders, Dimensions, Tables and ArcText provides increased flexibility for representing text in your documents.
- Modern user templates
Updated Templates in AutoCAD 2013, designed to better fit user needs, include new title blocks, more relevant hatch patterns, and additional text, dimension, table, and mleader styles.
- Inventor file support
Create AutoCAD documentation drawings from Autodesk® Inventor® models while maintaining an intelligent and associative relationship between the AutoCAD and Inventor files.
- Social media sharing
Share your AutoCAD designs with your social world using built-in connections for Facebook and Twitter.
The following operating systems:
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Service Pack 3 (SP3) or later of the following:
- Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP Home
Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 7.0 or later web browser
- Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon™ Dual Core, 3.0 GHz or Higher with SSE2 technology
- Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon™ Dual Core, 1.6 GHz or Higher with SSE2 technology
- 1,024 x 768 with true color (1,600 x 1,050 with true color recommended)
- Microsoft® Mouse compliant
- Download and Installation from DVD
- Should be supported by the application
- English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Czech, Polish, Hungarian, Russian
- Deployment via Deployment Wizard
- The license server and all workstations that will run applications dependent on network licensing must run TCP/IP protocol.
- Either Microsoft® or Novell® TCP/IP protocol stacks are acceptable. Primary login on workstations may be Netware or Windows.
- In addition to operating systems supported for the application, the license server will run on the Windows® Server 2008, Windows® Server 2008 R2, Windows® Server 2003 and Windows 2003 R2 Server Editions.
- Citrix® XenApp™ 5.0 or 6.0 (optional)
- Supports Windows display adapter capable of 1,024 x 768 with true color capabilities
- Same as AutoCAD® 2011 and AutoCAD 2012 – continue system printer and HDI support
- FLEXnet will be used for both the stand-alone and networked versions
Side-by Side Install
File Format Changes (yes or no)
- AutoCAD R14, AutoCAD 2000, AutoCAD 2004, AutoCAD 2007, AutoCAD 2010, AutoCAD 2013.
- EMR has the same formats as Commercial AutoCAD, with the exception of AutoCAD 2000/LT2000 Drawing
- AutoCAD R12, AutoCAD 2000, AutoCAD 2004, AutoCAD 2007, AutoCAD 2010, AutoCAD 2013
Binary vs. Source Compatibility (ARX, VBA, VLISP)
- Supports digital signatures
- DWG™/DWF™ password protection
Drawing Size Support
Object Interoperability (Non-AutoCAD Object Model)
- New objects may require new enablers. Refer to the main Product Plan.
- Adobe® Flash® Player v10 or up
- Windows 7 logo certification should be targeted
- Microsoft® .NET Framework Version 4.0 Update 1
Autodesk reserves the right to alter product offerings and specifications at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document
Autodesk is not responsible for errors or failures of Autodesk software arising from the installation of updates, extensions, or new releases issued by third party hardware or software vendors for the certified software or hardware identified in this document (or for any other third party software or hardware that you may use in connection with Autodesk products).